Hello all and welcome to my new food and recipe blog!

In 2016, I found myself at the heaviest I'd weighed in my entire life. It took a year worth of elevated liver enzyme levels (the beginning stages of fatty liver disease) for me to finally decide that at just over 270 lbs, enough was enough! I met with my doctors and with a health coach, and after hours upon hours of research, and lots of trial and error, over the course of a year, I lost 100lbs and found out that I could still enjoy most of my favorite foods by twisting around the ingredients in those dishes!


                     (hubby and myself near our heaviest weights and pictured one year later)


I've had a lot of friends and family asking me all about what "diet" I'm on, and when I get to eat real food again, but what they don't quite understand is that it's not a "diet", it's an entire lifestyle change... one that is totally attainable when you set your mind to it and put in the hard work (and yes, I'm not going to lie, it WAS hard work), you WILL get results!

I've created this blog to share all my favorite recipes for anyone and everyone who enjoys food but also don't want to settle for bland flavors reminiscent of chewing on cardboard. With the help of my best friend, Alyse, who also helped give me my first push towards a healthier me, Momma's Twisted Kitchen was born!

Comments